Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Putting Away Christmas


There are still some decorations and Christmas cards hanging around our living room. The tree is down and the lights taken down from the front of the house and all put away, but some things are still hanging around. It is just difficult to put away Christmas. It's so much fun. Great food, wonderful music, the family together, gifts, beautiful decorations and good will everywhere. So I guess it is no wonder that it is difficult to let it go.
Eventually it will all be put away and the New Year will move on. We will get used to writing 2008 on our checks and Christmas will become a distant memory or a more distant yearning for next year.
We had a great Christmas this year. Much of our family were together and we had some good times and, as usual, Mom outdid herself in the kitchen. Now my trousers have shrunk or something and I am looking for some way to drop the pounds I put on for the Holidays.
So, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, a little late, to everyone.

1 comment:

Jarretts said...

Hi Wayne & Greta!
I stumbled across your blog from Lyle and Traci Cutler's. I look forward to keeping up with you all through it! My husband and I have just moved to a different ministry at FCC in Salem, IL and had our second child in November. Things are BUSY! We are bloggers too . . . www.kristinjarrett.blogspot.com
Love, Kristin (Jackson) Jarrett