Friday, September 3, 2010

I'm Back


I have let this go for more than a year now, mostly because I was not sure of what to do with it. I have decided that it is a good vehicle to keep people posted on the life and times of the Meeces. I will not try to catch up but just go on from here.
This has been a summer for the record books in Louisville, KY. The hottest over. We have been fortunate to not need to been out in much of it.
I have enjoyed gardening as a hobby for most of my life, even when we were in Africa I played with a garden. Even with all the hear, this year has been one of the best, especially for tomatoes. Here is a picture of some we recently harvested. They are a heirloom variety that has been in my family for generations. We call they Ox-hearts largely because of the shape. They grow to almost "monster" size weighing as much as a pound and half each. Here is a group I picked one day recently.

No comments: